Unless I teach my mom how to blog stalk (one of my favorite hobbies), chances are she's never going to see this. I know I'm a little late, but with this past Sunday being Mother's Day and all, I feel like I should write 18 reasons why I love my mom. (18, because that's how many years she has been mothering me...okay, well the word "mothering" sounds extremely weird..but you catch my drift eh?)
-She's thoughtful and caring
-Sensitive to my needs and my occasional outrageous mood swings
-Practical
-Is always willing to play card games with me
-Organized
-Motivates me to be organized (*which sometimes works)
-Has an excellent taste for interior design
-"Classy, not trashy" is her motto
-Patient, oh so very, very patient
-Willing to drop everything to do something for me
-Is an excellent chef and baker
-Has a burning desire to travel the world
-Fearless
-Supportive of anything and everything I want to do
-Always puts family first
-Makes the very best cinnamon rolls and caramel corn on the face of the Earth
-Makes sure others are happy before worrying about herself (extremely selfless)
-Loves me unconditionally
On Mother's Day, we had brunch at Pat and Teresa's house, where we enjoyed sausage egg casserole, sticky buns, fruit and banana orange juice. A breakfast fit for champions. Afterward, we just hung out, and I enjoyed my time with my beautiful mom. It was wonderful to spend the day with my entire family. Days like those remind me of why I'm so excited to move out west..I can't wait to see my family more often and not miss out on special holiday traditions.
And because I'm a good sport, here's a picture of us with mom on her day. I know, I know..I look 9 months pregnant, am forcing out a fake smile, and my eyes are hardly open so I appear to be mentally ill. I know.
![]() |
| Stephen, Mom, Me, Rachel |

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Linds!! You crack me up! You look beautiful! And I love this! You're mom is AMAZING! :)
ReplyDelete