Yesterday was my first time ever going to a Renaissance festival, and to describe my experience in one word, it would definitely be interesting. My mom and I decided we would drive up to Santa Fe to check it out (since we had nothing better to do) and I'm really glad we did. We ended up having fun and enjoyed some delicious food too!
Reasons to go to a renaissance festival:
The entertainment. I tell ya, nothing beats belly dancers, the king's jesters playing music and doing tricks on a unicycle and a fire dancer. Okay, I can think of several forms of entertainment that beat those. But whatever.
The animals. Seriously, I think I'm a sheep whisperer. I have found my true calling in life. When I walked over to them, they were all huddled far away from the fence. Then, one by one, while making direct eye contact, they started walking toward me. So strange. I obviously was a shepherd in my previous life.
The tacky life size cardboard cutouts that were EVERYWHERE....who doesn't belong??
The costumes. I swear 80% of the peeps there were dressed in costume. Some get really, reallyyyy into the spirit. I guess that's fun...and also really hot.
The Food. By far the best (if not only) reason to go back to the festival next year. I love me a Greek gyro and a caramel apple! Bring on Fall!




No comments:
Post a Comment