| Homemade chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and shredded coconut |
![]() |
| Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies-SO good! I found the recipe here .. Also, why is it impossible to not lick the bowl/spoon clean when making cookie dough?? It's like I'm a little kid that just can't resist! |
| Whole wheat pizza with tomato/pesto sauce, topped w/ mozzarella, colby jack & feta cheese, grilled chicken and a mix of Italian spices |
**Just realized I apparently only bake round/circular things--I should bake a pie, just to fit in.
Other super exciting things I'm up to:
Since being home, I've really been enjoying cooking dinner & baking yummy treats for me and my parents.
![]() |
| Me and Brooke like to wear aprons and pretend we're Betty Crocker, or Martha Stewart, or Molly Mormon ;) |
-I want to make this pillow. Cute huh?
-I also think this would be a fun project to do, butttt I don't really know what to do with it once it's done..take to school and just keep it in the fam room? Still deciding..
Anywho, I figured that since I'm going to be doing pretty much nothing for the next few months, I might as well make good use of my time and do some crafts so I can feel accomplished.
My first week in New Mexico was boring, to say the least. Life isn't all that exciting when you don't have a lot of friends have absolutely zero friends within 500 miles. And making friends isn't all that easy when you're not in school, and everyone else your age is. I didn't think I would say this, but I miss BYUI so so so much. For now though, I've just been living it up with me, myself & I. Oh, and occasionally my parents...and the cast of Friends as well.
Current thoughts running through my little mind:
-The New Mexico State Fair opened on the 9th and I'm dying to go! David Nail will be performing there next Thursday, so I need to make a friend before then to go with!
-I got a job! Yay! I am now a sales associate at Kohls and my manager is the bomb.com. Can't wait to start!
-I have a love affair with Fall. I know, weird. Summer used to be my season of choice, but without the beach, palm trees and friends, it's just not all that it's cracked up to be. I love that it's getting colder outside. All I can think about these days is changing leaves, cool & crisp air, pumpkin flavored anything, hot apple cider, football, wearing sweaters & boots, Thanksgiving and curling up with a blanket and a good book. Ahhh love it all!
-There's a singles ward activity tonight, and I'm going without knowing ANYONE. That's a first for me. I usually hate going to things by myself, especially in a new environment. But you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
-I don't know how I feel about Ben being the new Bachelor. This is going to be an awkward season to watch....
-I don't know how I feel about Ben being the new Bachelor. This is going to be an awkward season to watch....




That chocolate cake looks sooooooooo good! Send me some! lol... Also, waiting for you to post a video that we will all love! You mentioned it in your other blog, don't leave me haning Lindsey! ~Niki
ReplyDeleteAww yay! Thanks for commenting..now I know you two HAVE A BLOG?!? Y'all need to post something soon! :) Miss you both so much!! Haha..I'll post it next week sometime!
ReplyDeletep.s. Next time I visit, I'll make that cake for you. It was really good!! Hope you are having a great week! Also, I'll be watching the FSU/Oklahoma game this Saturday. Do something crazy to get the cameraman's attention so I can see you!!