Words cannot describe how excited/thrilled/pumped I am that general conference is THIS WEEKEND! I have been looking forward to this Saturday & Sunday since April (when last conference was held). In case you don't know.. twice a year the leaders of my church all gather in Salt Lake City and address the members worldwide. There are four 2 hour sessions- two on Saturday, and two on Sunday..in which it is broadcasted on television and online to everyone across the entire world. General conference always seems to occur in my life, just when I need it most. I am ready to be inspired and uplifted, and I can't wait to hear the truth that our beloved leaders and precious prophet have prepared to share with us.
Anyway, this past Saturday was women's conference, which is an hour and a half broadcast directed specifically to the women of the church. President Uchtdorf's talk particularly stuck out, spoke to my soul and literally moved me to tears.
Five things we need to never forget:
Forget not to be patient with yourself
Everyone has strengths and witnesses. God is aware you are not perfect, and does not expect you to be.
Stop comparing yourself to others, and be thankful for all the successes in your life.
Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
Sacrifice something good, for something far greater. Commit your time and energy to the things that matter most.
Forget not to be happy now.
Don't put your happiness on hold waiting for a future event to occur. Keep striving for the best that is within you, and never stop hoping for all the righteous desires of your heart. (LOVED this)
Forget not the "why" of the gospel
We focus on what the Lord wants us to do and how we go about doing it, but we tend to forget why. We must remember the gospel of Jesus Christ is not an obligation, but a pathway that leads to happiness and peace.
Forget not that the Lord loves you
This particular message really touched me, and was exactly what I needed to hear. Sometimes when feeling lonely and discouraged, I forget that I have a loving and forgiving savior that truly loves ME. This brings me such comfort knowing that, and makes me want to strive to be a better person and have a stronger relationship with Christ.
In the words of President Uchtdorf: You are never forgotten. No matter what circumstances you're in, how dark your days are or how insignificant you may feel, Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. He loves you with an infinite love. You are closer to heaven than you suppose, and you are destined for more than you can possibly imagine.
Wow, so I ended up writing a few more key points than I intended. It's just..the whole talk was so good, it was too hard to summarize! Oh well..one day I'll look back at this post and be glad I took the time to do so. Here's a short snip-it of the talk.
***Sorry if this comes across like a preachy mc-preacher :) I consider this blog my journal, and I just want to record my notes/feelings somewhere..and this seems like the most logical place.


loved it!
ReplyDeletebtw its em
i love this post! i loved loved loved president uchtdorf's message this session.
ReplyDelete