9.30.2011

A Familiar Face

Wednesday, around midnight.. I was just doing my usual middle of the night activity: watching Friends, eating a string cheese & crackers and browsing facebook/blogs/twitter (ya know, just livin the dream)...when I saw my friend (from Florida) Zach had "checked in" at Albuquerque, New Mexico. What the what?!?! I immediately commented and asked what in the world he was doing here, how long he was going to be here and if he needed a place to stay. He called me, and we talked for a while..you see, he had no idea I lived here. (I don't blame him though, since he thought I was at school in Idaho, and we aren't exactly the best of friends) He was already checked in and about to go to bed in his hotel room. I felt so bad, since he totallyyyy could have stayed at my house. The hotel was literally only 13 minutes away! But he asked if I wanted to go out to breakfast the next morning, and I immediately said yes and was so excited! I've been struggling lately, feeling really lonely and just wasting my life away doing nothing and getting nothing accomplished..therefore it was SO great to see a familiar face from home. Seriously, he probably will never know how much I needed to just be with someone that knows me and my past..and that I can just feel comfortable around and talk too. I picked him up from his hotel and we ate at Flying Star, where I ate a huuuuge helping of the most delicious french toast (and he treated me...such a gentleman!) It was a perfect morning, and words cannot describe how glad I was to see him! It sounds weird, but just being in the same presence as someone from home immediately put me at ease and made me happy. He's going on a mission soon, so it will be more than 2 years til I see him again..so I'm really glad we had the opportunity to catch up before he leaves. He is going to be such an AMAZING missionary!

I looked horribly, disgustingly bad (I was running on barely 5 hours of sleep), but I'll post pictures anyway...for journaling purposes, of course :) They say black & white always makes you look better, so what the heck?!


Sometimes things just work out the way they're supposed too. It's funny how Zach had been driving all day, and just happened to stop in Albuquerque and stay at a hotel down the street from my house. And if he would have never posted on facebook where he was, I never would have known. Like I said, for some reason, I NEEDED to see someone from home..and I'm happy it was Zach. 

"It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things."---Now, I'm not saying having breakfast with Zach was life changing (I'm not that crazy), but it's definitely something that I needed right now. God works in mysterious ways.

Okay, I'll grace y'all with another (blurry) picture. Wish I would have snapped one at breakfast, but I completely forgot...so good ole' self-taken shots of us in the car will just have to do. And I suppose this one can be in color.

4 comments:

  1. familiar faces always seem to make things happier! what a cute kid he is, i always liked him! and i'm excited he's going on a mission! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know..it's so funny how just SEEING someone can lift your spirits! He hasn't gotten his call yet, but soon! He's awesome!

    p.s. hope your doing well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just made me cry! I love you and I love Zach and I'm glad you got a little taste of Tampa life.

    ReplyDelete