Friday we woke up and got ready to hike "R" mountain. On the way there, we got lost (of course...always happens when I drive) and came upon some gorgeous horses with their heads hanging over the fence. It's like they were begging to be pet, so obviously I stopped. We bonded for awhile, or so I like to think we did...and then it was back on the road to try to find the starting point for the hike up the mountain! We found it, and what we did not know was that it was literally a 90 degree angle of rocks to climb and I completely forgot about the altitude difference for Sam. She was hating me halfway up the mountain. I felt so bad! We almosttttt made it to the R, but instead we stopped, sat on a rock and ate our doughnuts that we packed. Maybe not the wisest hike snack in the world, but hey, it was National Doughnut day so we figured we'd celebrate.
Sam on her deathbed
Good thing we brought doughnuts to cure her
After enduring the hardest hike, we rewarded ourselves with sno cones!!!
That night we drove up to Island Park, where the population is only 286. We found the cutest little restaurant (thanks to urban spoon..greatest app) in the middle of nowhere. Literally. It was called "Boondocks" and the place lived up to its name. However, it was DELICIOUS! We both ordered a cream soda from the Grand Teton brewing company and chicken fingers, and agreed that they were the best we've ever tasted. So good! It was a great place to eat and we felt like complete outcasts. Almost everyone there were older, most likely farmers and knew each other. They were probably wondering who the heck we were and why we were there at their little restaurant. I will deffff be going back there. Afterward, we drove down to Mack's Inn to see "Home School Musical 2: The Gleek Club." It was a fun little spoof and really entertaining!
After that, we drove back to Rexburg, hung out at home and enjoyed the Bachelorette from the comfort of my bed! A great day with the best friend!








No comments:
Post a Comment