5.14.2012

Hello summer and hello raspberry jello salad..

So I'm going to start this new thing and post recipes on my blog! I'm really trying to cook/bake more at home and try new things! I eat out too much and spend more money on food than I'd like to admit...so here's to cooking healthy meals at home. We'll see how how it all goes :)

The weather in Rexburg has been BEAUTIFUL! It was a gorgeous 80 degrees and sunny today, so in honor of my favorite season I whipped up this yummy raspberry jello salad last week. It was delicious and a hit with all my roommates. The best part is that it makes a ton and keeps well in a bowl in the fridge. A great quick, go-to treat!


Ingredients:
1 (6 oz) package cook & serve vanilla pudding (instant pudding will not work)
1 (6 oz) package raspberry jell-o
2 cups water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 (16 oz) container cool-whip (lite or fat-free works fine)
2 cups raspberries (I used frozen)

Directions:
Mix together pudding, jell-o, water, and lemon juice in saucepan over medium heat until it boils.
Remove from heat and pour into bowl. 
Refrigerate until mixture has thickened (I waited about two hours)
Beat until creamy. Fold in Cool Whip and raspberries.
Chill about an hour before serving.
Enjoy!

**side note:: although it looks disgusting, the casserole above was really good. basically you just cook chicken, mix it with steamed broccoli, a can of cream of chicken soup, a can of cream of mushroom and cooked rice in a bowl. then spread into a pan, sprinkle cheese and bake in the oven at 325° . Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment