5.26.2012

Butterfinger Blondies

via instagram. everything looks better on that marvelous app.
Two weeks ago was Haley's birthday so obviously I wanted to make her a delicious treat!! Since she doesn't like cake, I needed to make something different but something I knew she'd still love. Every time we go to Nielsen's, she gets butterfingers in her custard, so I figured these butterfinger blondies would be our best bet. Something different AND delicious :) I mean, seriously...just look at that picture....currently drooling.

So today I'm sharing the recipe with all you lucky readers! Honestly, go make them. NOW. And just don't think about how many calories you'll be intaking when you eat one, or two, or three.....

Blondies:
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp course sea salt (I didn't include this)
2 cups coarsely chopped Butterfinger Bars (approx 16 "fun size" bars)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl
Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated
On low add your dry ingredients until just combined
Stir in chopped Butterfinger
Spread in 9x13 baking dish & bake for 25 minutes until center is JUST set
Remove from oven and cool completely

Butterfinger Buttercream
Ingredients:
1/2 cup room temp butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2 1/2-3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped Butterfinger Bars (approx 4 "fun size" bars)

Directions:
Cream the butter & shortening together until smooth
Add in powdered sugar on low speed. Turn speed up to medium & mix until smooth
Spread on cooled blondies
Sprinkle on chopped Butterfinger

These definitelyyyyy passed the roommate taste test and Haley especially loved them! So I consider this recipe a success! :)

2 comments:

  1. So... I just wanna say I love your blog! I love that I can know all about your life without having to skype you or text you especially because I love you and miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy! Definitely going to have to try those :)

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete