5.14.2012

Catch Up and Mother's Day Weekend :)

As I was browsing and reminiscing through my iphoto.. I realized there are SO many pictures and memories in the past few months that never got documented on this little blog of mine. Therefore, I'm going to dedicate this week to catching up so prepare to see lots of posts/pictures of past events coming up! My goal is to be all caught up so I can start blogging events as soon as they occur again. I've just gotten so behind that I lack all motivation. But I WILL get up to date and blog more! (I know I say that all the time)..but I'm REALLY going to try!

Since today was Mother's Day (well, I guess it was yesterday..it's 2:30 a.m..figures) I'm going to write about this weekend and then start back at the beginning!

My mom flew up to Idaho yesterday to spend mothers day with my grandma and so me and Stephen could see her as well. My uncle Brian just bought a trailer so him and his little family were camping in Downey, Idaho so he figured might as well make it a family event! My grandparents, Brian and Saowanee, Barry and Cindy, Travis and Sheena, Spencer, Jeremy, Stevie and Rachel, my mom, my friend Kenzi and I were all there and enjoyed a night of swimming, dutch oven cooking (well, eating...), games of football, tetherball and basketball and roasting marsh mellows around the fire. It was so fun to see everyone, get out of Rexburg and eat delicious food..highlight? #starvingcollegestudentprobz

only picture I got of the food...there was pina colada pork, raspberry basil chicken, cheesy potatoes, fruit, rice, macaroni salad, chips and hummus (thought of you Taylor..) and rolls. Yeah, told you the food was the highlight.
.
..when I say Idaho is in the middle of nowhere...I'm not exaggerating. 
I have this recent obsession with horses and on a walk, me Rach and Kenzi found some. Oh how I wanted to just ride one!!
young love.. I need to take notes from my 8 year old cousin on how to get a guy. Clearly she knows the tricks...(push him on the swing?)
Playing "Horse" and taking my turn after this guy. Not fair. p.s. he made that shot behind the rim. Clearly I lost.

I could have done a little better with the picture taking..I'm still slacking but I least I captured a few! Side note: my family HATES getting their picture taken. Half of the ones I took look like creeper shots at the dinner table. No one's looking and it's a weird angle. 

Saturday night me, Kenz, Stephen and Rachel went and saw the Avengers. I have to be honest, I did not want to see it! But after some background information from Stevie, I went and actually really liked it! Now I want to see Captain America, Iron Man, etc. (did I really just say that?)

Sunday, we enjoyed sleeping in and then me and my cousins (more like me and Kenzi since they're boys and didn't want to help..) made wonton salad and a cake, well frosted the cake and set the table while my mom, aunt and grandma watched We Bought a Zoo upstairs. 
I'm so glad I was able to spend the day with my mom on mother's day. I love her so much and am beyond grateful for everything she does for me. She is the most selfless person I know. Example, she MADE me let her do my laundry today. Um what? She never gets angry, loves to serve, is the best example I could ask for and is seriously the classiest lady I know. I can only pray I'll be half as good of a mom as she is someday. 
Seriously my favorite salad!
Completely forgot to take a picture while it still looked pretty. Find recipe here
Love you mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment