2.15.2012

Love is in the air...gag me.

Okay, not that I'm anti-love or anything, obviously I'm just jealous so the natural reaction is to hate all happy couples I see around Rexburg. Maybe it's because it's February and there are cut-out hearts decorating the campus, people waving lollipops and flowers in my face, cute/annoying couples holding hands everywhere I turn and my constant need to listen to country love songs and watch Nicholas Sparks movies. Okay so I admit, that last thing is my fault. But whatever. This weekend has just reminded me even more of my non-existent love life. All thanks to seeing the Vow...I now want someone to love me unconditionally even more! I want someone to be my own Nicholas Sparks character, someone who I can tell everything and to make me feel loved, safe and secure. I know it'll eventually happen, but as of right now..I'm really hating this month of love.

Seriously, thank you Mr. Sparks for making me have extremely high and unrealistic expectations in guys. 

But as of right now, I am SO grateful for all my "loves" who currently hold my heart. I love my parents. (I can always count on a Valentines Day gift from my mom). I love my brother and sister-in-law. I love my extended family. I love my wonderful friends, who are scattered all across the country and the new ones I've made here in Rexburg. I'm truly blessed to be surrounded with so many people who love me. That's what celebrating this Valentines Day is all about. So after all, maybe love being in the air isn't the worst thing in the world to happen.

p.s. I meant to post this before Valentines Day, but ya know...life got in the way. Woops.

No comments:

Post a Comment