2.08.2012

19 and Crazy

I spent this past weekend in Utah for my birthday and it was perfect. Conveniently, my birthday was on Sunday so my parents flew up Friday night and we non-stop partied all weekend long! Friday night was my "birthday dinner" so I got to choose where to eat. So naturally, I chose Rodizio Grill. BEST. RESTAURANT. EVER. It's a Brazilian place, and everything is so delicious! Guys come around to all the tables with skewers of different meats, vegetables and my fave, grilled pineapple. The salad bar is heavenly, the Brazilian limeade is to die for, and it's all you can eat. What's not to love? (also, thank you Rachel for being super awkward and making me take a picture with the sexy meat guy.) The next day after a big pancake breakfast, me, mom and Stephen hit the slopes. Let's just say, I'm not necessarily the bestttt skier in the world, but I'll get there someday. However, it was beautiful outside and we had lots of fun! Later that evening, me and Rach picked up Beth, went back to the apartment and got ready for dinner. Dad treated us all to an amazing Indian restaurant that was so good! I was introduced to sub-zero ice cream..um, where has that place been all my life? Then me, Beth, Stephen and Rachel went to an all improv comedy show that Rach's brother was in. It was hilarious, and a perfect ending to a wonderful Saturday. Beth slept over (where we shared an extremely uncomfortable air mattress...that still has me wanting to cry out in pain every time I turn my neck) and we had lots of fun catching up. It was SO great being able to see and spend time with my best friend. Why must we all live sooooo far away from each other?!? I hate it! Sunday morning, my dad's family met at the country club for a big birthday brunch celebrating me and Aubrey's birthday! I loved seeing everyone. Even though I hate to admit it, Utah is home and seeing the familiar and loving faces of my family makes me so happy. After brunch, I headed back to Stephen and Rachel's apartment and opened gifts, watched TV and packed. Sadly, Jessica arrived and we made our long trek back to Idaho (where Haley and Eliza had one of my favorite dinners on the table, a cake in the oven and the kitchen decorated!!) And as much as I didn't want to leave my friends and family in Utah, it feels good to be back in good ole' Rexburg. It's finally starting to feel like home now!

Home sweet home!
 Also, I'm not sure why there aren't any pictures of my dad or Rachel. They were definitely there participating in all the fun!!

And in honor of being 19 years old, I can officially sing this song all I want for the next year, and you bet I sang it loud and proud on Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment