Last Tuesday, my very first visitor (as an adult living on my own...) came to see me! Danielle flew from Floirda to Idaho Falls and we have been going and having fun non-stop since. However, sadly she left this morning (at 6 in the freakin morning?!) and now I don't know what to do with myself. She had never been west of Ohio, so I tried my best to show her everything Idaho and Utah has to offer in such a short time. This is just a little recap of the great week we had:
I picked her up as soon as my last class got done on Tuesday and we immediately went to Cafe Rio for lunch (totes obvi...) I made her get a pork burrito and she fell in love, just like I knew she would. Then we came back to Rexburg, got all her stuff unpacked in my room, and I gave her a tour of the campus. I may be bias..okay, I know I am, but I truly believe I go to the most beautiful school in the country. The grounds are SO clean, maintained and there are flowers everywhere!
"Pleasure Gardens"--renamed by my lovely roommate Brooke
Later, we made a quick trip to Walmart and had a movie night. The next day we went and saw 17 Miracles, got the best cupcakes at Cocoa Bean and then drove to Island Park (ahh, such a beautiful drive), had dinner at the gas station (classy, yes I know..) and went and saw "Phantom of the Grand Ole Opry" at Mack's Inn.
Thursday was a really busy day for me. I had classes AND my first college test! So while I was studying, Danielle went to the store, lunch and then hung out at the temple grounds. She took this gorgeous picture! I love, love, LOVE being so close to the temple.
After my test, we packed up and headed to Pocatello for the night. We had a wonderful, home cooked meal at my aunt Cindy's house. I never realized how lucky I was to have a homemade dinner daily until I started school. It's either lean cuisines, tuna fish sandwiches or lean pockets for me pretty much every night. Anyway, we hung out with my fam bam for the night, and I really enjoyed spending time with them. I haven't lived this close to them in so long, and I'm loving it!
Friday morning, we woke up to grandma making us buttermilk pancakes. We ate, got ready and then got in the car and headed to Provo to spend the weekend with Emily.
During the drive, we made a pit stop in downtown SLC to meet up with Stephen for lunch and eat at Crown Burger. Man vs. Food went there, so of course I had to take Danielle. And of course, it did not disappoint. When we got to Emy's apartment in Provo, we got settled and then hit up the mall, went grocery shopping for Danielle's bday breakfast, and got a shaved ice. Later, we got ready and went to Kyle's birthday party for awhile. We finished the night watching videos of cute couples on a videographer's blog. Yes, that is what we do for fun. And I loved it.
Saturday morning we woke up early and headed up the canyon to tube down the Provo River. The river was basically melted snow...definitely not the water temp of the rivers I'm used to in Florida. We got sunburned and pretty beat up from all the times we crashed into the twigs on the side. But we had a BLAST nonetheless. Afterward, we went back to the apt and got freshened up. We headed to Zupas to eat and then Murray to watch (the ending) of my brother's work softball game. We picked up Keyboy and went to the Gateway mall where we shopped a little, got another shaved ice (don't judge..) and then saw Crazy, Stupid, Love. Such a good movie! I'm soooo in love with Ryan Gosling!!
![]() |
| Gotta have a large diet coke at the movies. I guess I didn't NEED those nachos...but mmm, they totes hit the spot |
Sunday morning was Danielle's birthday, so we had cinnamon rolls and juice, and then drove down to SLC to visit Temple Square. It was such an awesome way to spend our Sunday afternoon. We went to Keyboy's church, and then said our goodbye's and endured the long drive home to Rexburg.
![]() |
| High School Musical??? |













i'm so glad you have a blog, and so glad you left a comment on mine! now i can feel somewhat up to date on all of your life and your cute face! i LOVE the picture of you with the nachos! so glad to know i'm not alone in my addiction! the last picture of you girls is adorable... miss you!
ReplyDelete