8.19.2011

"It's totes the best hun cal fro yo"

I lucked out big time with my roommates. Seriously, they are the best. It's weird to think we've only known each other for almost a month..I guess living with someone does that to you. They are both so fun to be with and I couldn't imagine surviving my first semester of college without them! 


Introducing.....

BROOKE:

Brooke is easily one of the most upbeat and optimistic people I've ever known. She's from Texas, and she is proud of it! But I grant her the right to be.. since after all, she IS considered royalty in that great state of hers. Yep, that's right. She's North Texas' Miss. Rodeo Queen. See for yourself here. Not only that, but she truly is one of the nicest people I know..even when she's mean ;) and apt. 305 definitely wouldn't be the same without her. We've already made some many wonderful memories together, like trying to stalk Rachel on her "stroll" but being too lazy to really spend time finding them, going to the Farmer's Market and drooling over the good-looking "corn on the cob" brothers, and staying up super late watching depressing music videos just because we felt like crying. This video does a pretty adequate job at portraying the relationship we have, and we quote it all the time..okay, so maybe we're not THAT ridiculous..but pretty darn close. It's cliche to say, but I know we will be friends forever. We just click, and I'm grateful to have someone like her here with me in good ole' Rexburg. Also, thank goodness she is as obsessed with the Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad as I am, you always know how we're spending our Monday night. (FHE? What's that?!?) Pray that we can find somewhere to live and are able to room together again in the Fall!

and RACHEL:

Rach is such a good example to me. Words cannot express how much she has already influenced my life for the better. She is definitely one of the coolest, most down-to-earth girls I know and is so sincere in everything she does and with everyone she meets. She has basically every boy in the Burg chasing after her. She graduated from East High (you know, where HSM was filmed?!) and was a cheerleader there. I know..pretty cool. Not many people can say that. She is an extremely skilled photographer and I'm dying for her to teach me her sweet photoshop ways. Also, she's an incredible dancer, very athletic and in great shape. Therefore, I have dubbed her my personal trainer. And let me tell you, she's good at it. She motivates me to go to the gym and push myself..and we always go work out together so we have each other to talk to. I love having her as a roommate-we have so much fun together, whether we are on one of our many quick trips to Wally World, discussing what boys are worthy enough to be on the fridge and printing them off (which was her idea, btw) or watching a movie from her amazing collection of DVD's..it's always a blast. Her strong testimony of the gospel is evident, and I feel like I can always learn from her, also..I'm beyond thankful she knows how to french braid. I don't know what I would have done! (Learn to do it myself??? Nahh....)

Me and Brooke
Rachel posing with our "fridge of desire".  I may or may not brush my fingers across James Franco's cheek as I walk past it, or stare into David Beckham's beautiful eyes for quite some time before I proceed to open the fridge.



There's a reason the three of us were put together in the same apartment for these seven weeks, and I am so glad I've gotten the opportunity to become close with two of the greatest girls. 

Side note: THIS is what I had for dinner tonight. Living the dream, I tell ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment