5.30.2013

Adventurous Soul

Lately, I've been craving an adventure. A new environment, a new culture and the thrill of no destination, just the journey that takes me there.

I want to be outdoors. I want to travel, to hike and to explore an exciting area. I want to meet people from all walks of life. I want to not worry about myself and my own problems but focus that attention on serving others. I want to share the love I have in my heart with those who need it most.

I find myself researching volunteer opportunities in orphanages in Africa, teaching excursions in Thailand and other various projects and sights around the world farrrr too often. I yearn for this type of life. I know that once I do settle down, get married and begin raising a family, these dreams will be much more difficult to turn into a reality. Why am I letting school keep me from doing what I so strongly desire?? That is where my heart is. Not in a classroom.

I can start here. And I'm determined to. Idaho truly is a beautiful place that has a lot to offer and I need to recognize what is right here, in my own backyard. Who's down to go explore the Grand Tetons? Camping in Yellowstone? The Ice Caves? Or hey...road trip anyone? I have always wanted to just drive down to Mexico. Cross the border. Could be fun. Either way, adventures await..and I intend on seeking after them.

1 comment:

  1. woahh. it's like you were in my brain. it's like i was reading my journal! ah, this is why i love you! we want to do the same things! haha can't wait for thailand 2015. xoxo

    ReplyDelete