12.10.2011

A Very "Christmasy" Week

The week started with sipping hot chocolate and listening to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional-this is always something I look forward to at the beginning of each holiday season. The MoTab sounded phenomenal (as usual), the decorations were beautiful and the messages were inspiring.  
"The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love and generosity and of goodness"-President Monson
"You can give a great and wonderful Christmas if you remember the gifts God has given you and, as best you can, offer them to others as He would"-President Eyring
"When we keep the spirit of Christmas, we keep the spirit of Christ, for the Christmas spirit is the Christ spirit"-President Monson
"Like the Wise Men of old, we should seek the Christ and lay before Him the most precious of gifts: a broken heart and a contrite spirit."-President Uchtdorf



On Wednesday, Jonny came over and helped put up our outdoor Christmas lights (after some bribing that took place that I would cook him whatever he wanted for dinner) Nahhh just kidding, he's actually just nice and offered to do it.
1. Jonny putting his electrician skills to good use and hanging all our Christmas lights 2. Us trying to recreate a pose I saw on pinterest...didn't work out so well
I couldn't get the whole house in...but these were the trees I was in charge of. Jonny's job (the house) looks a wholeeee lot better than my side. I declare hanging lights is defffff a man's job. It's way harder than it looks!

We got a real tree, unpacked all of our super old and homemade ornaments and decorated it while watching ELLEN's 12 days of giveaway (I don't care what anyone says, I love Ellen DeGeneres and refuse to miss her show)
Me and my mom went to a Relief Society event, where there were special appearances from "Mary and Elizabeth" (the mothers of Jesus and John the Baptist) Stories were shared, songs were sung and tears were shed. The best part though, was that it was also a cookie exchange...so we came home with a huge assortment of cookies! Later, Amy and Jonny came over and we watched Elf. Amy fell asleep within minutes, and Jonny a little later..but I laughed like I never had seen it before. Will Ferrell is perfect, and there are soooo many quotable quotes in that movie, like:
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup"
"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite"
"I thought maybe we could make gingerbread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe...even hold hands"
"Son of a Nutcracker!"
Friday night, my mom and I were invited to go see Christmas Joy- an AMAZING performance by the Performers' Ballet Company. Words cannot even begin to describe the talent of these girls. The entire production was the story of Jesus' birth, His ministry and resurrection, portrayed through dance. It was truly spectacular!
And this is my view right now...as I watch The Santa Clause. Another classic! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. We watched the Devotional & "Elf" this week too! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a Christmasy week! That picture of you wrapped up in lights is so darling! LOVE it!

    Stop by reverie. any time!

    Love,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought Elf on DVD so I could watch it a million times in the next week ;)

    xo,
    Becka

    ReplyDelete