11.24.2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Yay for it being my most favorite holiday EVER! I love love loveeeee Thanksgiving. It really is the best. I love that it's a specific day of the year to reflect on what we are truly thankful for. Often, I hear people say it's sad that we have to have a day to remind us to be grateful for all we have..but I think it's awesome! Why not celebrate a holiday that reminds us to be full of gratitude, eat a huge feast and have an excuse to celebrate with family??? I think I really love Thanksgiving because it's the official start of the Christmas season. Even though they've been playing Christmas music at work since Halloween, I now feel like I can actually enjoy it and sing along. It sincerely is the best time of the year!!! 
This year was a little a lottt different than most years. We usually go to Idaho and spend Thanksgiving at my aunt Cindy's house with my entire extended family. We spend all morning in the kitchen (well, all the moms do...), watch the parade, eat, sleep, play card games, watch football/the boys have a Madden football tournament, and then we all pile in cars to go see whatever movie is just released at the local theater. BUT since I have to work Black Friday, there's no way we could go..(lame) so grandma and grandpa came down to Albuquerque to celebrate with me and my mom. It was just the four of us...so completelyyy different from every other year. I'm a big fan of traditions, so it was kind of sad..but hopefully next year we'll be back in Pocatello to celebrate! Either way, it's still my all-time favorite holiday and I've had a wonderful day! (Besides, any day where I drink Martinelli's is bound to be a good day)
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and that you took some time to really reflect on what you're thankful for. I'm thankful for all of YOU :) Peace and blessings <3

No comments:

Post a Comment