7.06.2011

The sister I never had

One of my favorite reasons to come to Utah has always been to spend time with my beautiful cousin Aubrey Ann. We have literally been best friends since the day I was born. Her birthday is February 7th and mine is the 5th, so although we’re a year apart and not sisters, we’ve always kind of been treated like twins. Growing up, our family birthday dinner was always on the same day, and my grandparents consistently gave us the same outfit or toy, just in different colors. (They still do!) She is my only girl cousin on my dad’s side, so it’s always just been the two of us. She is always there for me, no matter what, and I always feel comfortable talking to her. We have made so many memories together, like playing “house” with our bitty babies, conducting food experiments in the kitchen, playing the board game “pay day” over and over again, playing softball in grandma and grandpa's front yard, watching every movie that has the word "baby" in it (Baby Boom, Baby's Day Out, Half a Dozen Babies..you name it, we've watched it together), making up a dance routine to Grease’s “Summer Nights”, spending summers watching the entire seasons of One Tree Hill, The O.C. and Smallville, snowmobiling and boating trips, going to our grandma's art studio to paint, swim lessons, being tubing buddies, playing taboo, sequence and Donky Kong on the super nintendo at the cabin, and so so so much more. I know that she is a true friend, and although we’re blood-related and forced to know each other, I couldn’t imagine my life without her. We can go months without talking/seeing each other, but as soon as we’re reunited, it’s like nothing has ever changed. I know that we will be friends forever (since we sort of have no choice..haha), and hopefully our kids will be just as close as we are. She’s been a great example to me over the years. I'm so excited that I finally live just a few hours away from her again. 


Yes, I'm aware that the pictures aren't even. It bothers me too.

I have loved hanging out with her these past few days. It makes me remember why I chose to move out west to go to school. I love our late night talks, weird & inappropriate gestures and general craziness when we're together. Nothing is better than being reunited with this girl:


Love you Aubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment