7.23.2011

I made it!

I know I've been HORRIBLE at blogging recently, but after all the stress, tears, shopping, packing, goodbyes and more shopping I have finally made it to this place:


I have really mixed feelings about being on my own. I have been anxious/nervous/excited/terrified about starting my new "life" as a college student. Yet, now I don't know how to feel. It probably just hasn't hit me yet. My mom is staying in Pocatello for the next few days, so if I frantically change my mind and decide I don't want to go to college anymore, and that I'd rather live in the comfort of my parents' home forever, where they will take care of me and feed me and console me and teach me and love me forever and ever..I can. (However, I don't think my mom will approve of any of that ever happening) But she leaves for Florida on Wednesday and once she's gone, she's gone. Then I think it will finally hit me that I'm on my own. What a scary thought....

Even though I have way too much stuff, I still don't feel prepared. Like, I just realized I don't have a potato peeler. What if I decide I want to make mashed potatoes!?!???? Oh well, I guess that's a dilemma I'll have to eventually face. It's just weird not having all the things that I've taken for granted my whole life. 

Anyway, I have the best family in the world and my mom, grandpa and cousin Jeremy drove me to Rexburg to help me move in today. Thank goodness for family! I'm so grateful my grandparents and aunt & uncle only live a little over an hour away. I haven't lived in the same state as my family in years! They helped me get all settled, and then we went to Wendy's for dinner, and later Walmart to pick up some last minute things. Like...hangers. How could I have forgotten hangers?! And a toaster.....a definite college student MUST ;)

However, it's almost 1 a.m. and we have church at 10, so I need sleep! But I promise to post more now that I have better control of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment