9.07.2013

Progression.

We all have challenges and trials..they are a part of life, but I know that our Father in Heaven and Savior not only understands but obtains the ability to help us, to uplift us, to fight for us and to encourage us to realize our greatest potential. This is kind of a new (to me) concept that I'm finally beginning to accept. I have so much to be grateful for. I know that and am doing my best to recognize those things.

Dwelling on the past as well as the "what if's" and "what if not's" of the future is not helping me progress. A few months ago when asked the question to describe himself in one word, my friend processed it and replied "progressing." I didn't think much of it then but have thought about that response quite often lately. We can ALWAYS be better. For him to be able to confidently say that is something that I desire. Every day is a new day and in order for me to progress in different aspects of my life, I first must be happy with my life. Waiting around for something or someONE to make me happy is not the key to solve my problems.

"If the foundation of faith is not embedded in our hearts, the power to endure will crumble." Remain strong. Remain faithful. The Lord has a plan and everything will work out. Hard times and struggles will always be evident in this life but we do not have to endure them alone. Christ is anxiously awaiting to answer our prayers and give us the strength we need but He cannot do that unless we ask for help. That is something that I am consistently reminding myself. I am not alone. Nobody has to be alone.


I absolutely L O V E D this talk of President Eyring's:: "If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing...We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord's service because we never are. The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up. And He always keeps His word."

"Even acting on a twig of faith allows God to grow it" --And I am so very grateful for that.

xoxo,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment