"Heavenly Father didn't send us to this earth to fail. He sent us knowing we would succeed."
One of the speakers in Sacrament meeting today said that and it's stuck with me since. I know that our Father in Heaven loves each of us so much and knows our individual struggles and needs. It's okay to have trials & weaknesses and go through rough patches. They have proved to make me stronger and over the past few months, I've learned to really rely on Him for guidance and comfort and have strived to have a stronger relationship with Him. I've had to make several choices lately not knowing which one is going to best for me..and it has not been easy. At all. At first, it was easiest to avoid thinking about my problems and I would just shove them to the back of my mind, telling myself I'll deal with it later. Then, I talked to close friends and family members desperately looking for answers and I'd just continually get frustrated with myself. I was at a loss of what to do for the longest time. I felt like no matter what, I'll be unhappy. Eventually, I swallowed my pride and knew what I needed to do, which was to kneel and pray for the guidance and assurance my Father in Heaven could offer. I know that He will not give me anything more than I could handle. He is always there, ready to listen and my biggest supporter, as well as everyone else's. I'm grateful for my knowledge of the restored gospel; knowing everything I do is extremely comforting. Over the past month, I've been focusing on what I'm truly grateful for..I am so, eternally grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. For someone to send their own Son who had an infinite amount of love for others to suffer unimaginable pain and agony so that we don't have to is beyond me. Our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ know we have what it takes to succeed and make the right decisions for our own lives. We may make a wrong choice or stumble along the way, but through the Atonement, there is always a way back to the path of eternal life. I am forever grateful for the repentance process and for the Lord's love in which I feel. I wholeheartedly have faith that with His help, it truly is impossible to fail.

I gave an entire talk on this point once! It really is an ah-ha moment. He wants us to succeed! And He is doing everything possible to make it so. It's very encouraging. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteEm
i needed this today. so thank you. i love your blog. and i LOVE YOU MORE. skype. skype. skype SOON. miss you lots.
ReplyDelete